Police Brutality: What Constitutes Personal Injury Under The Law When Police Go Too Far

If police attempt to arrest you on charges, it is in your best interest not to resist arrest. When you do not resist but the police still use force that harms you or makes you afraid for your life, that counts as police brutality. If you need medical attention as the result of police brutality, that's a type of personal injury. Here is some more information to help you decide if you need the help of a personal injury attorney and what the attorney can do for you with regards to physical and/or sexual police brutality. Read More 

Frustrated By VA Denials and Wait Times?

Veterans Affairs (VA) administrative offices are dealing with a massive backlog of claims. The backlog is nothing new, but a new generation of veterans emerges with every new conflict to shed light on a frustrating system. However, it's possible to achieve success, even if you're the newest to the backlog. If you're an ailing veteran with service-connected injuries or other conditions, take a look at what you need to do to make your claim or appeal stand out. Read More 

Three Ways You Can Set Up Your Worker’s Compensation Claim For Failure

Nearly 3 million workplace injuries were reported in 2014, with almost 1 million of those causing missed days. If you've been injured on the job, you're not alone—and you're entitled to compensation for your missed time. But if you're filing a workers compensation claim, there are some things you should know. Unfortunately, it's easy to sabotage your claim. Here's a look at three ways ways you can set up your workers compensation claim to be denied. Read More 

Can You Sue A Federal Employee Or Agency?

The Federal Tort Claims Act provides a great deal of protection to federal agencies and their employees in personal injury cases. If you were injured as the result of the action of a federal employee, you might have to overcome several hurdles to receive compensation for your injuries. Before you take any action, here is what you need to know.  What Is the Federal Tort Claims Act? The Federal Tort Claims Act, or FTCA, allows citizens to file lawsuits against federal agencies and employees. Read More 

Injured In An Accident? 3 Things You Need To Remember

You thought the crosswalk was a safe place to be. That is, until you got hit by a car while you were crossing the street. You might be surprised to find out that roughly 70,000 people were injured in pedestrian accidents in 2010 alone. Now that you're injured, you're going to need medical care, as well as compensation for your losses. Here are three things you need to remember in order to receive the compensation you're entitled to. Read More